Trust our professional and friendly team to take great care of your pet during your next trip.
At Summertree Animal & Bird Clinic, we’re proud to offer outstanding boarding services for your beloved pet in addition to comprehensive veterinary care.
We know that each pet is unique, and our veterinary professionals will make every effort to accommodate your pet’s needs and ensure they are safe, happy, and cared for during their stay.
Boarding at Summertree Animal & Bird Clinic
Your pet’s comfort and well-being are our top priorities.
Our dedicated staff uses their knowledge of animal care to keep your pet healthy and happy during their stay.
We offer separate boarding facilities for cats and dogs so our feline friends can have a little peace and quiet during their stay. We board birds, reptiles, and small mammals as well!
We take great pride in maintaining a clean and comfortable facility for your pet.
Our boarding area is temperature-controlled and spacious, and your pet receives frequent care and attention from our friendly, compassionate staff.
Should any medical problems arise during your pet’s stay, you can have peace of mind that our veterinarians will make sure they are treated appropriately.
All boarding guests must be up-to-date on vaccinations. If your pet requires any vaccinations before staying with us, we are happy to provide the vaccines for an additional fee. Please allow two weeks prior to your pet's stay to schedule any needed tests or vaccinations.
Requirements for various pets are as follows:
- Cats: Exam and negative fecal within the last 12 months; Current Rabies and FVRCP vaccination status; Negative FIV/FeLV on file.
- Dogs: Exam within the last 12 months; Current Rabies, Bordetella, DAPP, Leptospirosis, and Influenza vaccination status; Negative fecal within last 6 months.
- Birds: Exam, Negative Chlamydophila, Avian Profile & Bile Acid (for birds over 70 grams) and a negative fecal within the last 12 months. Negative Psittacine Beak & Feather Disease (PBFD) on file required for African Greys, Eclectus, Cockatoos, and Lovebirds.
- Reptile/Small Mammals: Exam and negative fecal within the last 12 months.
- Ferrets: Exam and negative fecal within the last 12 months; Current Rabies and Distemper vaccination status.
Reservations are preferred, especially during holidays, but we can generally accommodate last-minute or emergency boarding needs.
Our boarding facility is open whenever the office is open and specific pick-up times are available by appointment.
Why Board Your Pet at a Veterinary Practice?
- Medications are administered by trained veterinary staff.
- If there is an emergency or your pet needs immediate medical care, our veterinarians and medical team are onsite for a quick response.
- If your pet requires updated vaccinations before boarding, please allow two weeks prior to your pet's stay to schedule them.
We can also do grooming/bathing, nail trims, and other grooming services, and on rare occasions, we will schedule a dental procedure while boarding or can provide care postoperatively. Please contact us to learn more about the details of your pet's stay with us.
We welcome your questions about our boarding facilities and policies and are eager to discuss how we can make your pet’s stay as positive as possible.
Let us answer all your questions and put your concerns to rest. Call today to learn about our accommodations and boarding policies or to schedule your pet’s stay.